If you forget the password and have any problems with the pcWRT router, it is necessary to reset it. Resetting the router changes all settings to its factory settings. There are various scenarios required to reset the router. The process of how to reset the pcWRT router is very simple.
Here we also provide How to reset pcWRT Router to factory defaults Settings and Also provide information on how to change the router wireless password.
Difference between Reset and Reboot
It is important to know the difference between Reset and Reboot, they are two different things. Rebooting something is a common task that you can do on all sorts of devices if they’re not acting as you expect. You can restart a router. A restart/reboot is a single step that involves both shutting down and then powering on something.
Master reset, factory reset, restore, and hard reset are synonyms for resetting everything. When you reset the device it will restore like a new device. Resetting involves changing the router settings back to its factory defaults. First, you need to Hard Reset the router then you can use the default password to access your router.
The following settings change when you reset your router:
- Any firewall settings you have made
- Any port forwards you have set up
- pcWRT Router username and password
- Wi-Fi username and password
- ISP IP addresses and DNS
- Generally, any configuration or settings changes that you have made to your router.
Select pcWRT Router to Reset
How To Reset pcWRT Router With Button
- First, Verify that your pcWRT router is currently turned on and plugged into a power source.
- Locate the round “reset” port on the back of your router.
- Use the Straight-Out Paper Clip to hold the reset button for 10 to 15 seconds
- When the WLAN light blinks on the front of the router, your router is reset and restored to the default factory settings.
Note: Resetting the pcWRT router does not reset the firmware to an earlier version. It will only change all settings back to factory defaults.
pcWRT Default Settings :
After resetting your pcWRT router, it goes back to its factory default settings.
- IP address: 192.168.0.1
- Username: admin
- Password: There is no password (leave this box blank)
Reset pcWRT Router From Admin Control Panel
Open your internet browser and type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar. Press Enter. Type admin in the Login ID box. Do not type anything into the password box. Once the router has entered the default login information, you will have access to your router’s admin settings panel.
If the login screen does not appear for the IP address you entered, it may not be appropriate for your model. In such cases, locate your model information on the sticker on the back of the router.
- First, Go to the Maintenance or Tools tab.
- Now click “Save and Restore settings ” or “System” options from the left side of the router page.
- Next, Click on ” Restore Device ” or ” Restore Factory Defaults “.
- Now Wait for a while, Now you are done Factory Reset successfully.
Reset the pcWRT Router To Default Settings
If you still can not get logged in then you are probably going to have to Hard reset your router to its default settings.
Reboot your pcWRT Router :
Rebooting the router means cycling the power to it or refreshing the router. If you want to reboot your router, follow these steps.
Solutions To pcWRT Login Problems :
If you can’t log in to your wireless router, here are some solutions you can try.
Step – 1
- First, Unplug the power connector from the back of the pcWRT router and plug it back in.
- Now Wait above 25 seconds for the router to reboot.
- Your Internet connection may drop when your wireless router reboots.
Step – 2
- First, Go to the Maintenance or Tools tab.
- Now click Save and Restore settings or System options.
- After that, Click on Rebooting or Reboot the Device.
- In this step, Wait for a while, Now you are done Rebooting successfully.
Change The pcWRT Router Wi-Fi Password
- Open your internet browser and type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar. Press Enter.
- Type admin in the Login ID box. Do not type anything into the password box.
- Once the router has entered the default login information, you will have access to your router’s admin settings panel.
- In this step, Click Setup at the top of the page.
- Then Click the Wireless Settings on the left side of the router page.
- After that, click the Manual Wireless Connection Setup.
- Scroll down to find the Pre-Shared Key or Network Key field.
- Now Type a new Wi-Fi password in the Pre-Shared Key or Network Key field.
- Finally, click on Save Settings. Close the window to save the new password.
Changing The pcWRT Router Admin Password
The login screen first appears when you try to open your router’s web configuration page. For all pcWRT routers, the preset username is admin and default Password field is blank, you can leave the field blank and the User name is admin. For security purposes, it is recommended to change the router default password.
Note: Changing the router’s admin password via a web-based setup page prevents the pcWRT from using connected software.
- First, Go to Tools option.
- Next, click on the Admin button on the left side.
- Now, Enter a password in Password Field.
- Then re-enter the password in Verify Password Field.
- In this step, click on the Save Settings button.
- Now you can also create a User Password here.
- You are successfully changed your Admin and user password.
If you still have problems changing or resetting the wireless router’s administrative password, you can upgrade the pcWRT router’s firmware. After upgrading, go to the Factory Defaults section of this page by resetting the pcWRT router.
pcWRT Customer Support
If you are still having problems, contact the pcWRT customer care department. Follow the below links.
- Customer Support (For Indian Users)
- Customer Support (For Global Users)